Who are Winlaton Camera Club?
Winlaton Camera Club is a group of members who share an interest in photography. The Club is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) and the Northern Counties Photographic Federation (NCPF).
Our club venue address:
Winlaton Camera Club, c/o New West End Club, West Lane, Winlaton, Tyne and Wear. NE21 6PQ.
Our email address: [email protected]
Our website address: www.winlatoncamera.club
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when:
- You become a member of Winlaton Camera Club.
- We make arrangements with you as a guest speaker, judge or model.
- You attend Club meetings.
- You join and engage with us via the Club’s social media sites.
- You enter internal and external Club Competitions.
- You provide details and payments for organised Club trips.
- You submit information to our website.
- You contact the Club’s Committee members.
- You pay Club attendance fees and annual subscriptions.
What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
Your personal data is used solely for the administration of Winlaton Camera Club’s business. If you are a member of Winlaton Camera Club, you are giving consent for your personal data to be used for the legitimate interests of the Club.
Personal information we collect
- The name, email address and any personal details given voluntarily in messages to our club submitted via our website or any other contact method.
- If you are a member of our Club: your name and contact details i.e., phone number(s), email address(es)and home address.
- Any information given voluntarily, and which is required to administer the club’s business. Examples can include personal information relating to payments, affiliations, distinctions, records of entries to events etc
- Details of your interactions with us at Club meetings and events, in competitions, organised trips, on our website, via email and through our on-line social media sites.
- If you are a guest speaker or judge: your name, contact details i.e., phone number, email address and home location if required.
Please note that if you choose to limit or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services expected as a member. You are responsible for informing us of any changes to your personal information, including your contact details.
Reasons for collecting your personal information
We collect and use your personal information for several purposes:
- To be able to contact members as and when required.
- To be able to answer queries submitted to Winlaton Camera Club.
- To inform members of club news and events information
- Keep a record of members and visitors attending club meetings and events.
- To process payments for club subscriptions, attendance fees and club trips,
- To reimburse members and guests for expenses incurred.
- To satisfy a requested service or a contractual requirement.
With your consent, we may hold personal information for the time required, for anyone contacting Winlaton Camera Club, or for anyone we contact in conducting the Club’s general business.
Competitions and Events
Your personal information is used to:
- Inform you (members and guests) of upcoming competitions and events.
- Uniquely identify you when entering club and inter-club competitions.
- Publish information about our competition results and upcoming events on our website and social media platforms.
- Administer awards and trophies from competitions which you enter.
We limit the personal information we hold about you to what is required to facilitate each event or required within the general conditions of each competition.
Images and Media
When uploading images to our website and to the club’s social media sites, avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF, GPS) and any other personal information you don’t want to become public. Although we take preventative measures to stop third parties downloading your images, it is virtually impossible to prevent completely.
We do not take responsibility for any personal data you save in the metadata of any file you upload to our website and to the club’s social media platforms.
If you are a member of Winlaton Camera Club and you submit images to the club for any reason, you must follow our agreed terms and conditions of submission.
Website Membership Section
Only Winlaton Camera Club members have access to the member’s section of our website. If you’re a member of our club, you will need to register to use the member’s section and to have your registration approved by a club administrator.
When you register for membership access to our website, you must create a username. It is your responsibility to keep your username secure. Members with approved registrations to the member’s section, must enter their username and password at each log-in. There is the facility to securely re-set your password if forgotten. No one at Winlaton Camera Club has the ability to see or discover your password.
If you have access to the member sections on our website. we will set up several cookies to save your log-in information and your screen display choices. Log-in cookies last for 2 days. If you select ‘Remember Me’, your log-in details will be saved for 14 days. If you have not logged in for 14 days, your log-in cookies will be removed.
Managing your profile
Winlaton Camera Club members are able to manage their profile in the member’s section of our website. Member profile details that you can manage include your first name, last name, email address and URL link to your flickr gallery, if held. It is the member’s responsibility to keep this information up to date and accurate.
Contacting us using our contact form
If you contact us using the contact form available on our website, you are agreeing that we may contact you in response. By contacting us in this way, we do not use your information for any other purpose than to deal with your enquiry. This may be to answer any questions you have asked, or to any general comments or feedback you send us. The content you send us and all replies to you, using this method, will be deleted within.
Who we share your data with?
We generally publish contact details of our Committee members who are responsible for specific services provided by Winlaton Camera Club. Members of Winlaton Camera Club are required to have a current membership with Winlaton West End Club. Your first and last name is provided to the West End Club to administer your membership identity card.
Access to your personal information is restricted to Winlaton Camera Club Committee members and to others approved by the Committee for specific purposes. For example, when it is needed by authorised members to perform a designated function within the Club. Details are kept securely on Committee members personal computers which are password protected.
We never share or sell any of your personal data, with anyone, including other members or third parties, unless we have your prior consent, or we are legally required to do so.
Some of the information we hold includes links to other websites, or to predefined google searches. We are not responsible for the content of any of the sites that we may direct you to. We are also not responsible for any data that other sites collect from you, as a result of following a link from our site, or from within any of our club communications. When you follow a link to another site, none of your data is transferred from our website, to the other site.
How long do we keep your personal data?
If you are a member of our club, we retain enough information to keep accurate records of your membership: your first name, last name, contact details (these include your phone number, email and postal address). We also keep a record of the date your membership starts and finishes, and any other data you have voluntary given us.
We retain this information for the period of your contracted membership. If your membership expires, we don’t keep any personal details that we are not legally required to retain. Non-members are able to access information about joining and attending any of the club’s open events on our website or social media pages.
Financial data we store
We store a minimal amount of financial information needed to make sure we have appropriate records for our accounts purposes and to make sure we have accurate records of your membership. This includes your name, the amount you have paid, general method of payment and the date paid. Your payment and bank details are not recorded or saved by Winlaton Camera Club at any time.
We keep historical archives until such time they are no longer needed. Examples are records of meetings, handbooks, catalogues, awards, and other event results.
What rights do you have over your data?
- You can request at any time that we provide you with details of all personal data we keep about you.
- You can ask to have data amended if it is incorrect or needs to be updated.
- You can restrict our use of your personal data, in specific circumstances e.g., you have reasons to not want your identity revealed on the club’s social media sites.
- At any time, after your membership expires, you can request removal of all personal data we have collected from you as part of the administration process. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
- You can contact us to make a request in accordance with your rights at any time by sending an email to the Secretary. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond within one month.
How to complain?
If you are not happy with how we have used your data, you can raise your concerns in writing to the Club’s Secretary. Please explain why you don’t think we have handled your data correctly. Contact details for all Committee members are shown on our website. We will appoint a committee member to investigate your concerns who is not in any way implicated by the issue and who is able to remain impartial.
If we have not been able to resolve your complaint and you are still unhappy with how we have used your data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline phone no: 0303 123 1113